ViscOptima SE is a multifunctional liquid rheology modifier that can be used to emulsify and stabilize high levels of oils, emollient esters and silicones within a formulation. ViscOptima SE is a highly efficient thickener that can create viscous creams at low inclusion levels and leaves a smooth, silky, silicone-like feel to the skin.
NOTE: Product may separate with time. Shake well before use.
- Instant and effective thickening at low inclusion levels
- Self emulsifies up to 30% oil and silicone
- Can be incorporated at any time during formulation including post addition
- Cold and hot processable
- Temperature and freeze-thaw stable
- No neutralization required
- Silky, silicone-like skin feel
Typical Usage Rate: 0.5 - 3% at any stage of formulation.
Will thicken within seconds and will form a stable emulsion within minutes.
Facial, body, and eye creams
Moisturizing/nourishing creams and lotions
VISCOPTIMA SE boasts shear thinning rheology and is non-thixotropic. This results in a reduction in viscosity when a force is applied to the formulation, such as pumping or spraying, and immediate recovery of the viscosity when the force is no longer applied. This is a particular benefit when particles are suspended in the formulation.
- Appearance: White liquid
- Active Content: 50 - 55%
- Charge: Anionic
- Effective pH range: 6 - 12
- Viscosity: 70,000 - 100,000 (1% w/w cP, 25C RVT/6/20 rpm)
INCI: Sodium Polyacrylate (and) Ethylhexyl Cocoate (and) PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate (and) Polysorbate 20
Safety Data Sheet - Pending