STEPANQUAT® Helia is a natural conditioning agent made from non-GMO sunflower oil. It is 88% bio-based and readily biodegradable.
STEPANQUAT® Helia is a very mild cationic surfactant that smooths each individual hair strand for super-soft, manageable hair. It provides excellent wet and dry combability on hair, as well as excellent detangling and a soft, conditioned feel to the the hair. STEPANQUAT® Helia provides substantive conditioning without build-up.
In skin care, STEPANQUAT® Helia provides a unique, soft, conditioned skin feel and emulsification for Oil in Water emulsifications.
- animal products
- Rinse off & leave in hair conditioners
- Hair styling products and hair treatments
- Cationic-based lotions & creams
- Conditioning Shampoos
- Hand Soaps
- Shower gels and body washes
- For best results, add STEPANQUAT® Helia after thickeners (ie, hydroxyethylcellulose, guars) and before long-chain alcohols
- Keep pH above 3.0 to avoid hydrolysis
- Can add to 2-in-1s or conditioning cleansers after the anionic surfactants - incorporate pearl or opacifying agent
- Avoid heating formula above 75C (colour bodies may form)
Recommended usage rates:
Conditioners: 1 - 3%
Hair treatments: 1 - 5%
Lotions & Creams: 1 - 3%
INCI: Disunfloweroylethyl Dimonium Chloride (and) Sunflower Seed Oil Glycerides (and) Lauryl Lactyl Lactate