NatraGem S140 NP Ecocert Solubilizer
NatraGem S140 NP is a naturally derived, non-preserved solubilizer that enables the incorporation of a wide range of lipophilic (oil soluble) ingredients into clear formulations. NatraGem S140 NP can be used in gel, alcohol/aqueous, or cleansing solutions without impacting foaming properties. It is approved natural by Ecocert and has proven counter-irritancy benefits. NatraGem S140 NP can solubilize a wide range of oils and is also able to solubilize oils at surfactant:oil ratios comparable to other commonly used solubilizers, e.g. Polysorbate 20 and PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.
- Body, hand & facial washes
- Hair Sprays
- Perfumes and after shaves
pH range: 3 - 8
Recommended Usage: 0.5 - 10.0%
NatraGem S140 NP has been designed to be used as an easy to handle, cold mix solubilizer. It can be incorporated into a formulation in three different ways:
- NatraGem S140 NP and the oil are premixed and added to the water phase with moderate stirring. or
- NatraGem S140 NP and the oil are premixed, and then the water phase is added to the premix with moderate stirring. or
- NatraGem S140 NP and the oil are premixed, and then twice the quantity of water is added and stirred to give a free flowing solution. This can then be added to the water phase with a minimal amount of stirring. This option is particularly useful if the final formulation has a tendency to foam.
Generally, NatraGem S140 NP will give clearer solutions over time, so formulations may take up to 24 hours to reach full clarity.
INCI: Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/Sebacate (and) Polyglyceryl-6 Caprylate/Caprate (and) Aqua