Courtesy of Susan Barclay-Nichols, aka Swift Crafty Monkey
|Heated Water Phase:|
|Rose Floral Water||10%|
|Sodium Lactate 60||2%|
|Heated Oil Phase:|
|Macadamia Nut Oil||15%|
|Cool Down Phase:|
|Fragrance or essential oil||1%|
|Germall Plus Liquid||0.5%|
- Start boiling water using a kettle.
- Weigh the heated oil phase into a smaller plastic jug container.
- Put this container into the microwave and heat for short bursts of 20 to 30 seconds at a time. Remove and mix, then return to the microwave until the heated oil phase is liquid. We want it to have a temperature around 65°C to 75°C. Please don't go over 75°C! If you remove the container and it's close to being melted, that's good enough.
- Measure everything in the heated water phase into a container EXCEPT THE WATER. This is important!
- When you have removed the oil phase from the microwave, measure the very very hot water from the kettle into the container into which you've measured the water phase.
- Pour the oil phase into the water phase and mix with a mixer or stick blender for at least 3 minutes.
- Set the lotion aside to cool to 45°C or slightly lower. When it reaches that temperature, add the cool down phase and mix well for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the lotion into a container, put a cap on it and label it.